Do I need a licence to charter a boat?

Throughout European countries a sailing licence such as the International certificate of Competence (ICC) or equivalent is required for bareboat charters – particularly in Croatia and Greece where the laws are very strict regarding bareboat sailing. Other locations such as Thailand or the Bahamas do not necessarily require a licence but may request an indication of sailing experiences (Boating Resume) before they agree to a bareboat charter in these waters. If in doubt, ask your experts at Tabor & Mentone.